Monday, June 29, 2009

For Sale


As you can see the "For Sale" sign is in the front yard. Feelings of excitement and sadness rush through as I view the Wilson domain from the street. This sign represents another exciting step toward our new ministry in Latin America, but it is also the sad closing of a door to our everyday life in Conway. We have loved living here!!!

The ReachGlobal process has been stretching, intensive, and humorous at times. Many personality assessments were completed for team building, and all the results were posted on the walls at the Readiness Event we attended. Side-by-side our posters showed how opposite the two of us are in personality type. When Jim's arrows went left, mine went right. Where my graph went up, Jim's went down. We knew this about ourselves, but I just had to laugh out loud to see it on paper! I guess it's true that opposites attract! Together we make a great team - it just causes some friction at times! :-)













Here's my chart that was on the wall for all to see. I don't have Jim's chart, so just picture everything the opposite of mine! This is just too funny! Marriage counseling 101!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Guy's just wanted to let you know what is going on in my life.

    I started a new job two weeks ago and it has been rather rough for me. I'm not use to the work that I am doing having been in an office almost all of my career. It is not the job that I would have picked for myself.

    Have you ever thought:

    LORD, Uh LORD, Hello LORD! What are YOU doing? This does not fit what I was wanting to do. You know my heart and know that I want to be with the kids at Sallie Cone. So why have you put me here? I know LORD that this is your plan, but can I just make one suggestion, Please let me have a job that will still allow me to be with the kids at Sallie Cone. You know how much I love them! LORD! Are YOU there? Hello? Well OK I'll go where you want me to be, but I sure don't understand. Please just make it known to me so that I will serve you in a pleasing way. Is there someone or a bunch of someones that I am suppose to talk with about YOU? What is your plan? What am I to do? AND THEN IT ALL BECAME QUITE CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! I was there for my brother. I hadn't seen my brother since our Dad passed away. We had had a falling out, my younger brother and my middle brother. You see I am the oldest and was given the responsibility of taking care of my Dad's affairs after his death. My brothers thought that I had taken advantage and hadn't done what our parents wanted. We had a big fuss and departed with very harsh words. However,I had done exactly what my parents wanted, but I elected to just stay away and NOT FORGIVE THEM or ALLOW THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO FORGIVE ME. The LORD has placed me there for my younger brother. I have learned this week to NEVER question the LORD, just do what HE is leading you to do. Another amazing thing to me is that the company that I work for is owned by a Corporation in India. As a Church we support some that are working in India and there is this huge opportunity here in Little Rock. There is about 100 folks that work there from India. It hit me today that maybe I wasn't there just for my brother, but that this may be my mission field. I have never been a Missionary before. I don't know that I know how to be a Missionary. I am not strong in speech and they are very hard to understand. Sounds kinda like Moses when GOD told him that he was to lead Israel out of Egypt. All sort of excuses. I want to do the Will of GOD and not what I would want. Please pray for me that I would be faithful to follow GOD'S leading and not my own. I also need guidance on how & what to say. How do you lead into a conversation with someone that is a completely different religion about JESUS?

    Any way I do hope that GOD will allow me the honor of working with the kids this year. I'll just have to play it by ear and listen to what HE is telling me.

    NEVER QUESTION THE LORD! ALWAYS BE READY TO GO WHERE HE SENDS YOU, even if it doesn't make any sense to you.

    Your Brother in CHRIST,

    Jim

    E-mail Address: grayjimp@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know how to use a blog! I sent the last one Anonymous. Anyway this is Jim Gray - Old and Senile, BUT Loving It!!!!!!!!!!!!GOD is soooo Good To Me!

    Love you guy's

    Jim

    ReplyDelete