Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fun Stuff




The day after graduation, Jim left for Nicaragua, so I decided to try to fly stand-by to Alabama where I could see several of my favorite people at once.  I was successful in securing a seat on both planes, and I arrived to a house full of loved ones.  

I planned to take many pictures, but playing with Baby Wilson was a much higher priority. 

I'm having to get all my silliness out now, because in just a few short years my granny games will cause Wilson terrible embarrassment.  However, we had a great time being silly!




I had a bit of culture shock returning to the U.S.  When I deplaned in Atlanta, the number of white people was shocking - there were so many!  This is not my new normal at all.  I also found myself struggling to remember that I could flush the toilet paper.  It's amazing how quickly you can adjust to a new way of living.  I know that prayers of friends and family have helped with the transition in Costa Rica, and God has graciously put us in a place where we feel at home.


Costa Rica is an amazingly beautiful country.  We accompanied a team from Dallas to a retreat in Quepos, and the team spent a few hours at the beach one afternoon.  This is a pic I took, so you can imagine how much more beautiful it was in person.   This was our first time at the beach, so we look forward to visiting again when we can stay longer and enjoy the beauty.




No comments:

Post a Comment